BuySite, the University’s web-based, electronic Purchase Order system, is an application for creating, submitting, approving and tracking the status of Purchase Orders. In the eProcurement ordering application, purchase orders are identified by having the initial “W” letter description followed by six digit number.
BuySite, which uses a shopping cart methodology, allows users to select merchandise, review what they have selected, make necessary modifications or additions, and submit a request for the purchase of the merchandise in the cart. Users can shop for items by:
- Commodity/SKU numbers
- Advance Search
- Favorites List
Other features include cart editing, requisition history, favorite’s management, PO tracking and email notifications. Departments are held accountable for the review of need, approval by account administrator, issuance and control of all electronic purchase orders.
Beginning March 30, 2014, BuySite will have a new user interface designed to provide a cleaner, more intuitive user experience. Some of the key improvements include:
- Tab navigation has been replaced by a clean, slide-out side menu (left-hand navigation) that displays the available and relevant options, reorganized in a more logical manner to make locating pages easier.
- Action items and notifications are now displayed in the top banner area, making them accessible from anywhere in the application and easy to understand.
- Simpler navigation of the user profile, as all profile options are now located in a single menu. Options are grouped by similar or related tasks in a logical manner, and commonly used tasks are more transparent using Quick Links.
- A cart preview is now available to get a quick view of the active cart from anywhere in the application without having to leave the current page.
- Quick Search has been enhanced to search across documents, and is now located at the top-right of the screen via the magnifying glass icon.
- Home page selection provides the ability for users to set their own home page, streamlining navigation to a chosen primary task upon login.
- Bookmarks are now provided for all menu items, allowing users to select their most common tasks and bookmark them (via the star icon in the top banner) for easy access to the tasks most frequently performed.
- Users who are unsure of the location of a specific menu item can use the Menu Search feature (via the binoculars icon in the bottom-left) as a keyword search that returns a list of pages containing that keyword.
For more information, please consult the Phoenix Interface Site Navigation manual (PDF) or "Navigation 101 - Phoenix User Interface" and "What's Changed with the New UI?" Additional help material is available via the interactive training videos at http://buy.uchicago.edu and classroom training opportunities can be found here. If you have any questions regarding the new user interface or require any assistance during the transition or after the conversion, please contact the Procurement and Payment Services Help Desk for support at firstname.lastname@example.org or (773) 702-3320.
Beginning Friday 3/28/14 at 8pm (CDT) and ending Sunday 3/30/14 at 11am, BuySite will undergo maintenance and be unavailable for use as the system is upgraded to its latest version (14.1). As a reminder, this release features the debut of the new BuySite user interface, Phoenix. For more information on Phoenix, please visit this page or see below.
If you have any questions regarding the updates/new release, please contact the Procurement and Payment Services Help Desk at email@example.com or (773) 702-3320.