Welcome to UChicago Travel
Find information on booking, discounts, policies, and forms for University business travel.
Travel Expense Voucher. Employee travel must be reported through the GEMS system.
- Concur Travel is the online booking tool for UC employees to make travel arrangements. Visitors and students should contact the sponsoring deparment for further guidance regarding their individual travel arrangements.
- Setting up a Conference – The University’s designated travel agency can help you with group rates and meeting room reservations in the Chicago area or elsewhere.
Tower Travel Management
New Tower Travel Management Fees
Effective August 20, 2012 through July 31, 201
Concur Travel Online Booking Fee - No Charge
Agent Assisted Reservations @ $20.00
Discount Programs Available for UChicago Business Travel
The University has negotiated with local and nationwide vendors to offer University business travelers hotel, airline, livery and car rental discounts.
Fly America Act
The Fly America Act affects which airlines you are allowed to utilize when traveling on U.S. federal grants and contracts. Recent international treaties referred to as "Open Skies Agreements" provide a limited exception to the Fly America Act. In the United States-European Union Open Skies Agreement, travelers may use a U.S. flag airline or any European Union (EU) airline when traveling from the United States to EU countries. The following link Fly America Act provides updated information on the federal regulation.
Air/Car/Hotel Discount Programs
Paying for Travel
Other Travel Resources
Traveler's Tips - International
Resources and guidelines from the Provost's Office for international trip organizers and undergraduate participants. Resources for travel outside the USA below:
• Tax Recovery on International Travel Expenses. In countries that assess local but recoverable taxes such as the Value Added Tax (VAT) in Europe and the Goods and Services Tax (GST) in Canada, it is imperative that you obtain and submit detailed original receipts in order for the tax to be reclaimed for the University.
• Passport Photos (available from the Chicago Card office)
• University of Chicago Hospitals Travel Clinic offers expert care both before and after your trip. Services range from immunizations, consultations, and preventative medicine to post-travel care in the event of an illness.
• Center for Disease Control Travel Information
• Travel Warnings and Consular Information Sheets
Visa and SSN /ITIN Requirements for Forign Vistors
The University can pay a foreign visitor's travel expenses and other fees as long as the visitor holds the correct visa for the particular type of payment to be issued. In addition, the visitor must have a Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for non-travel payments such as employment, a one-time lecture fee, or an honorarium.