There are many Financial Services Systems that you may need to interface with in your position. The most commonly used systems include:
- ACCTS - The Accounts Create and Cost Transfer System (ACCTS) is an on-line program that allows a department to create its own accounts (limited to FinServ and LBC staff), and to enter journal entries, expenditure transfers, and indepartmental orders. Click here for the ACCTS access request form. For additional information on obtaining access, click here.
- AURA - AURA is the University’s database system for tracking proposals submitted by faculty to federal and non-federal agencies, as well as for awards made in response to those proposals. Potential users must have a CNetID and CNetID password, and must request access from the University Research Administration.
- BuySite - The University’s web-based ordering system for creating, submitting, approving and tracking the status of orders. Buysite can manage purchase orders and Campus Computer Stores orders (Form 62’s); orders placed through BuySite are W orders (replacement for the current U orders) and/or DE orders (replacement for the current Form 62, DP).
- eLedgers - The Electronic Ledgers Project (eLedgers) is the Financial Services application used to store and distribute The University's Financial Accounting System (FAS) ledgers of record in a secure, easy to view, electronic environment. The eLedgers are available to all authorized University FAS administrators with valid CNET IDs. The reports will be available to approved users as soon as they are produced by FAS, usually the 5th business day of the month.
- ePayment - The ePayment Request tool replaces the familiar Direct Payment Voucher (DPV), Travel Expense Voucher (TEV), Travel Advance (TRA), and Petty Cash Reimbursement forms. It will streamline requests, reduce entry errors, speed up the approval and payment processes, increase transparency, and reduce paper usage. The ePayment Request process is comprised of two online applications; a web form for initiating the payment request and the existing OnBase application for review and approval/rejection of payment requests.
- FAS - The University’s Financial Accounting System (FAS). For access, please click here for the access request form.
- FUNDRIVER - A web based Endowment Administration Application designed to manage, track, and report on Endowment Funds. This new system is to help department's management endowments more efficiently. Departmental users can gain access to the system by completing the form attached here.
- GEMS - The University’s web-based expense management system designed to assist employees with the reimbursement of business expenses. It has replaced Travel expense vouchers, DPV’s and any previously existing credit card programs.
- PETS - The Payroll Expense Transfer System allows a user to initiate and submit payroll expense transfers using a web-based interface. Submission of transfers through PETS eliminates the need to complete a paper form (UPP 103) while maintaining the appropriate approval process.
- UChicago Time - This is a web-based system used to track employees’ hours worked as well as manage their paid time off awards and balances.
- Workday - Self Service is a tool available to all current University employees that have a CNet ID. You can use Workday to view your pay stubs, W2s, update your Federal Tax Withholding, enroll in direct deposit and update your personal contact information.