Monthly Payroll

General Information

Monthly employees are paid once a month on the last workday of the month. The pay period for monthly employees begins on the first calendar day of the month and ends on the last calendar day of the month.

Vacation/Salary Advances

The Monthly Salary/Vacation Advance Form is used to process vacation and salary advances for monthly employees.  Emergency salary advances will be provided only in cases of true unforeseeable emergencies - for example, costs and transportation expenses incurred during unexpected illness or death in the family.  Completed forms should be submitted via Service Now.


Once an overpayment of wages for an employee is discovered the situation will be reviewed to determine the most effective way to recover the funds. This will be done by stopping a payment, reducing future payment(s) or preparing an Overpayment Recovery Form and letter to be sent to the employee. If the overpayment is caused by a department error, for example late paperwork or duplicate paperwork, a $150.00 fee will be charged to the department to help offset the cost of recovery. Federal law treats wage overpayments the same as any other wages the employee might have received. As long as the employee repays the overpayment within the same taxable year that the overpayment is made, all taxes will be refunded and the employee's W-2 will reflect the correction for the repayment of the overpayment. If, however, the repayment is received after the end of the tax year in which the overpayment is made, the W-2 cannot be changed for Federal or State taxes. Only Social Security taxes can be refunded. Because of these federal law circumstances, if the repayment is made in the same year as the overpayment, Payroll will request "net pay" as the reimbursable amount. If the repayment is not made until a later tax year, federal law requires the Payroll to request "gross pay" as the reimbursable amount. Overpayments which are charged to a restricted account, ledger 5 or 6, must be transferred to an unrestricted account, ledger 2 or 4, before October 1st for Annual Certifications. The responsible department should transfer these charges.