Receiving Your Pay
Payroll encourages you to enroll in direct deposit through Workday@UChicago. With direct deposit, your paycheck funds will deposit directly into your account(s) and be available to you when your financial institution opens for business on the payment date.
Click here for more information on direct deposit.
University Issued Pay Card
The University of Chicago is providing you with a great new benefit, the rapid! PayCard® Visa® Payroll Card. You can automatically deposit your paycheck onto a debit card so you have instant access to your cash the same morning of your payday! It's easy, more secure than cash, and saves you money over check cashing fees.
What is the rapid! PayCard?
rapid! PayCard is a payroll debit card which means you can only spend the money you have on your card. The rapid! PayCard does not require a credit check. It can be used at ATMs, retail stores, gas stations, grocery stores worldwide and wherever Visa debit cards are accepted.
- SAVE MONEY - much less expensive than check cashing
- Get cash 24x7 at any Allpoint® ATM, America's Largest SURCHARGE FREE Network
- Access to your money by 9am (CST) on payday
- No cost to enroll
- No credit check required
- Safe & Secure – your money and card are protected!
- Shop online or by phone
- Make purchases using your rapid! PayCard Visa card anywhere Visa is accepted.
- No more stolen or lost checks
- Free, bilingual customer service
University Issued Pay Card - Frequently Asked Questions
GENERAL INFORMATIONIs this payroll direct deposit different from other types of direct deposit?
Not at all. The funds are deposited on your card immediately. The only difference is this is a prepaid card account and not a checking account.
The rapid! PayCard is fully portable. This means that you can take the card to any other employer (second or part time job), regardless of who gave the card to you and sign up for a direct deposit payment. In addition, you can direct deposit your income tax refund, social security benefit, military pension, or any other payment that can be direct deposited. Please login to www.rapidfs.com to access your direct deposit account number or ask one of our Customer Service Representatives.
Can I add additional funds to my rapid! PayCard?
The first card you receive is the instant issue rapid! PayCard. It has a Visa brand mark but it does not have your name embossed on it. When you call Customer Support 1-888-RAPID 14 (1-888-727-4314) to activate this card you may also request a FREE upgrade to a personalized card with your name embossed on it. When the personalized rapid! PayCard arrives in the mail (7-10 business days) the instant issue card remains fully usable until you activate your new personalized card.
What is the difference between the personalized rapid! PayCard and the instant issue rapid! PayCard?
Your pay will typically be available by 9:00 am CST in the morning on your payday. You can check your balance then or anytime by calling 1-888-RAPID 14 (1-888-727-4314) or by visiting www.rapidfs.com.
When will my payroll funds be available on my rapid! PayCard Visa Card?
The rapid! PayCard is reloadable. After receiving the initial card, your pay will automatically be deposited on the same card each pay period.
Is the rapid! PayCard reloadable? Or do I receive a new card each pay period?
Yes! Employees always have the option to receive pay via direct deposit. Just log on Workday@UChicago to sign up.
I received a pay card, but now have a bank account. Can I still sign up for direct deposit?
Yes! Download the free rapid!Access mobile app from the Android or Apple store. Keyword search "rapid paycard" or "rapid!Access" (Note: If using an iPad Apple device, be sure to indicate 'iPhone apps')
Does the WEX rapid! PayCard have a mobile app?
LOST/STOLEN PAY CARDS
Most importantly, your money is protected with Visa Zero Fraud Liability. Just call 1-888-RAPID 14 (727-4314) to report it lost/stolen and request a new card via mail, or contact Payroll Services for a new card. Call 1-888-RAPID 14 (press 0) and tell the representative this is a replacement card.
What happens if I lose my rapid! PayCard? What should I do?
Payroll Services is able to instantly issue you a pay card for any lost/stolen cards. You will need to come to the Payroll Services office located at 6054 S. Drexel – 3rd floor. Once you have the instant card, you will need to call 1-888-727-4314 to active the instant issue card. Funds will automatically be transferred to the instant issue card for immediate use.
Why should I contact Payroll Services for a lost card?
1) Sign the back of your card. This gives you added security when making retail signature purchases.
2) Call the number on the back of your card (1.888.727.4314) to activate your card.
3) Create your PIN and keep it safe and private. Using the card can also save you money by eliminating check cashing fees. You can also automatically deposit your income tax refund and social security benefit, military pension or other payment that can be direct deposited.
What are the steps in getting started with your rapid! PayCard Visa card?
Each time your card is loaded, you can choose one of six convenient ways to get access to your money; it's free for the first transaction after every payday.
1) Receive cash back at millions of retail locations nationwide when you make a Point of Sale (POS) purchase.
2) Get quick access to your cash as a member of the Allpoint® ATM network with over 35,000 locations nationwide.
3) Pay your rent or car note by requesting a check.
4) Purchase a money order up to $1,000 at any US Post Office.
5) Electronically transfer the funds directly into your personal bank account.
6) Use a ChekToday to pay bills, send money or get 100% of your pay off your card.
What are the methods to access rapid! PayCard funds?
Use the ATM machine with your rapid! PayCard. To use your rapid! PayCard at an ATM successfully, use the Allpoint® branded ATM machine as your first transaction on payday and it is FREE. rapid! PayCards will not be charged an additional ATM "surcharge" in the Allpoint™ network! Select "CHECKING" to make a cash withdraw or check your balance.
Online: Manage your account at www.rapidfs.com
Mobile: Download the free rapid!Access mobile app from the Android or Apple store. Keyword search "rapid paycard".
Text: Enroll in text alerts* at www.rapidfs.com then text "BAL" to 90831 for your current balance (*Standard text messaging rates may apply)
Call: 24/7 customer support 1.888.727.4314
How do I access information on my card balance?
The following methods are always free when using the pay card:
- Point of Sale (POS) purchases using signature or PIN transaction
- Allpoint ATM withdrawals
- Over the counter cash advance (VISA branded bank teller transaction) *Individual banks may have daily cash advance limits
- Full fee schedule
What are the fees associated with using the University of Chicago issued Pay Card?
- Cottage-63rd Currency Exchange - 803 E 63rd St
- Fair Discount - 6301 S King Dr
- The Odyssey Ii - 211 E Garfield Blvd
- Citgo - 123 E 51st St
- Mobil Gas Station - 251 W 63rd St
- A Y Super Shell - 6659 S Wentworth Ave
- BP - 7059 S State St
- Ultimate Gas & Mini Mart - 4248 S Wentworth Ave
- Hollywood Food Market - 600 E 79th St
Where are the fee free ATM locations closest to campus?
- Chase Bank – 6650 S. Stony Island Ave
- Citibank - 5812 S. Ellis Ave
- Highland Community Bank – 824 E. 63rd St.
- Chase Bank – 1204 E. 53rd St.
- Bank of America – 1439 E. 53rd St.
- Fifth Third Bank – 1420 E. 53rd St.
- Hyde Park Bank and Trust (Wintrust) – 1525 E. 53rd St.
- Hyde Park Bank and Trust (Wintrust) – 1311 E. 57th St.
- BMO Harris Bank – 5493 S. Cornell Ave
- BMO Harris Bank – 901 E. 47th St.
Where are the fee free over the counter banks closest to campus?
Online: Search using zip codes to locate the closest ATMs at www.rapidfs.com
Mobile: Download the free rapid! Access mobile app from the Android or Apple store. GPS enabled search capabilities allow identification to the closest ATM to your current location
Call: 24/7 customer support 1.888.727.4314 for the closest ATM by providing your current address
How do I find the nearest fee free ATM?
Yes, Maroon Financial is a VISA branded bank. However, since Maroon Financial is a credit union and not a bank, over the counter teller withdrawals are not permitted for the University issued pay card.
Is Maroon Financial a Visa branded bank?
No, the Maroon Financial ATM and the Citibank ATM are not Allpoint ATMs. You may use the Maroon Financial and Citibank ATMs, but you will incur a fee to do so.
Can I use the Maroon Financial or on-campus Citibank ATMs fee free?