Duplicate Requests for forms W2, 1099 and 1042S MUST include the following information:
- Full Name
- Last 4 Digits of Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Current Home Address
- Form Request (e.g. 2014 W2)
- Delivery method: Pick up in Payroll Services (picture ID required); US Mail to home address; Secure web portal transmission (statement of liability release required)
W2 – Wage and Tax Statement
2015 W2 forms are available in Workday under the Pay Worklet, under Tax Documents. Just log into Workday at Workday@UChicago to view and print the tax document.
1099 – MISC Form – United State citizen, Permanent Resident and Resident Alien Miscellaneous Income
Form 1099 – MISC reports the following income:
- Rent (income 11)
- Royalties (income 12)
- Prizes/Awards (income 13)
- Medical and Healthcare Provider (income 17)
- Legal Fee (income 16)
- Services (income 16) includes, speaker, lecture, catering and other service related.
- Settlements (income 66)
- Stipends (income code 15) are NOT reported on a 1099, but should be self-reported when filing your taxes.
Form 1099 – MISC will be mailed to the recipient’s home address no later January 31. To request a duplicate copy of 1099 – MISC – please contact Antonella Wellman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1042S Form – Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding
Form 1042S reports the following income:
- Foreign Royalty Payments (Income Code 12)
- Foreign Scholarship Stipend/Non-Degree Aid (Income Code 16)
- Foreign Independent Contractor Services (Income Code 17)
- Canadian Tax Treaty Benefits (Income Code 18)
- Teacher/Researcher Tax Treaty Benefits (Income Code 19)
- Student Tax Treaty Benefits (Income Code 20)
- Foreign Prize/Award/Miscellaneous foreign payments (Income Code 54)
Form 1042S will be mailed to the recipients home address by March 15. For a duplicate copy of form 1042S – please contact Antonella Wellman at email@example.com.