The Tax Unit prepares the annual return of the University, develops procedures and reporting to comply with tax requirements, communicates with campus on tax related matters and responds to tax related questions.

Tax Requests

Form W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number
(vendor is requesting a Form W-9 from the University)
Provide name and email address of person/entity requesting the W-9.  Send request to  Email is the preferred method to send the W-9.  If no email address is available, provide a fax number.  Also provide your name, department name and address, and contact information in case of questions.

Employment Tax Issues
Requests and questions for the following can be answered by the Payroll Department at

  • W-2 Wage and Tax Statement
  • W-4 Employee Withholding
  • 1042S Foreign Persons U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding

Form 1099 Miscellaneous Income
Requests and questions on Form 1099 issued by the University should be directed to the Payroll Department at

Form 1099s received by University personnel should be forwarded
to the Tax Office in the Office of Financial Services.

Form 1098T Tuition Statement

Please contact the Bursar's Office - Tuition and Billing at 773-702-7086.  Additional information can be found at

Sales Tax Exemption Certificates
Requests and questions about Sales Tax Exemption certificates should be directed to PPS Help Desk at

Form 990 Return for Organization Exempt from Income Tax
Request a copy of the University's Form 990 or 990T.
Contact: Functional Directory

All Other Forms and Issues
Contact: Functional Directory