What is the allowable level of expense?

  • Field supplies, equipment, etc.

How do I pay for field expenses?

  • GEMS card, Travel Advance or personal funds

What level of audit will my Account Reviewer provide?

  • The expense does not exceed budget limitations
  • The expense is appropriate for the account
  • Should be reported under a non-travel sub-account
  • Individuals receiving an advance is personally liable for any loss travel advance funds.
  • Unused advanced funds must be returned to the University within 30 days after the trip completion date.
  • All extended operating advances (more than three weeks) $25,000 and greater must be approved by the appropriate Dean, VP or Director.

What documentation do I need?

  • Original receipts
  • Itemized list of expenses
  • Certify expenses