Note: Even if you are not required to present a receipt, you must detail each item of expense on the Travel Expense Voucher, Travel Expense Envelope, or blank sheet of paper.
What is the allowable level of expense?
- Ticket cost should not exceed cost of standard economy air fare between departure and destination point (6-Citation/Regulation "Office of Management and Budget Circular A21, Section J48©; FAR section 31.205-46(e)."
- Must be a commercial service; the aircraft must be flown at all times by the professional pilot provided by the service.
How do I make my travel arrangements?
- Contact Risk Management Dept. for approval before making arrangements
- U of C Preferred Travel Agencies
- Independent Travel Agent
- Contact airline directly
How do I pay for the travel expense?
- Credit card or cash
What level of audit will my Account Reviewer provide?
- Expense does not exceed budget limitations
- The expense is appropriate for the account
- Documentation and expense amount complies with policy and your unit's specific restrictions
- Requested reimbursement does not exceed coach fare
What documentation do I need to be reimbursed?
- Original passenger receipt or invoice, if flight expense is $75 or more.
- Obtain coach air fare quote either by accessing the designated travel agency or by contacting another travel agency and submit quote for comparison to amount requested
- Also provide a brief note explaining why charter aircraft was required