Meals - Alcoholic Beverages

What is the allowable level of expense?

  • You may be reimbursed, but alcohol cannot be charged either directly or indirectly to the federal government (10-Citation/Regulation Office of Management and Budget Circular A21, Section J2).

How do I make my travel arrangements?

  • Not Applicable

How do I pay for the travel expense?

  • Credit card or cash

What level of audit will my Account Reviewer provide?

  • May not be charged on a travel sub account number
  • Must be charged to an unallowable sub account between 3000 and 3099 on a non-grant account

What documentation do I need to be reimbursed?

  • If your receipt itemizes alcoholic beverages, break them out and charge them separately to an unallowable sub account.
  • Please refer to the University's "Supporting Documentation Standards" for detailed receipt requirements, dollar thresholds and other related topics.