What is the allowable level of expense?
- Field supplies, equipment, etc.
How do I pay for field expenses?
- GEMS card, Travel Advance or personal funds
What level of audit will my Account Reviewer provide?
- The expense does not exceed budget limitations
- The expense is appropriate for the account
- Should be reported under a non-travel sub-account
- Individuals receiving an advance is personally liable for any loss travel advance funds.
- Unused advanced funds must be returned to the University within 30 days after the trip completion date.
- All extended operating advances (more than three weeks) $25,000 and greater must be approved by the appropriate Dean, VP or Director.
What documentation do I need?
- Original receipts
- Itemized list of expenses
- Certify expenses