The University of Chicago

Financial Services


Independent Contractor Services

Required Documents for Payment to Foreign Independent Contractors

Permanent Resident

Permanent Resident Applicant


All Other Visa Statuses

Payments to Foreign Individuals

Matrix for Making Independent Contractor Payments

Taxes for Foreign Independent Contractor Services

Please click here for Taxes for Independent Contractor Services

9/5/6 Honorarium Rule (B Visa and WB Status Only)

9 = Cannot perform services at the University of Chicago for an activity lasting longer than 9 days. (Individual can be on campus for longer than 9 days, but the actual service cannot be longer than 9 days).

5 = Cannot have accepted payments for services from more than 5 institutions…

6 = in the last 6 months.